Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's My Party

I couldn't think of much to talk about from my present day life (not that that always stops me), so I decided to rely on my childhood for stories once again. I give you a brief video excerpt from my 7th birthday party. If I had to guess, I think you will probably notice the following elements, in the following order: a) The Pose: It is a good one, but, in fairness, I had been practicing since 1981. b) The Dress: I loved that dress - large purple polka dots, floppy daisies and all. After all, it was 1986. I couldn't wait to be big enough to fit in it (probably the last time that ever happened) since it was a "big girl" size, and I was still in the kiddie department. c) The Teeth. d) The Walk: I imagine it's rare to find an elementary school student who can sashay like that.