Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hmm...

Being a huge fan of celebrity gossip, but not so much a fan of celebrity feuds, I've only taken a passing interest in the recent battle between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump. However, I am a huge fan of the "Today" show and happened to catch the Donald and his daughter on the program today. (Side note, at Georgetown I took a course with Ivanka Trump. The class was "Social Inequality." I've never been able to make a joke that was better than the simple irony in those two statements.) What I found fascinating is that Donald claimed all the polls in the media take his side over Rosie's. For one, I didn't know that celebrities actually payed attention to the votes of us common folk on sites like US Weekly and people.com. And secondly, one of the Donald's primary examples was that those who answered the Fox News poll overwhelmingly took his side. Now, I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but is it really all that impressive that the viewers of Fox News chose a conservative millionaire over an outspoken, liberal lesbian? I think that's like me responding to anyone who thinks that I might have "a problem" by saying that all the guys down at the bar think I'm perfectly normal. (And, "tons of fun" at that.)