Friday, May 05, 2006

Best Idea Ever

It seems that 2 of my great loves have finally come together - this August, Lifetime will air a made-for-television movie about Fantasia of "American Idol" fame. A "based on a true story" movie about a reality TV star! This is beyond fabulous. And, who will play Fantasia? Why, Fantasia herself of course. I'm picturing a slower, more contemplative version of "Baby Mama" played over a montage of shots showing Fantasia taking her kid to school, dealing with difficult customers in her fast-paced service industry job, finally getting in bed at night - exhausted but knowing she's doing her best. I also hope that Jack Scalia plays Simon Cowell. This is a ridiculous casting decision, but Jack Scalia is quickly becoming Lifetime Old Guard, and his voice will not take to a British accent well. (The kind of mediocrity I want will ensue.) I also think someone from Melrose should be considered for the role of Paula. This might replace "Pregnant at 15" starring a young Kirsten Dunst in my Lifetime list of favorites.