Tuesday, April 25, 2006

One of my favorite things to mock is "Stars: They're Just Like Us" in US Weekly. I mean, does America really need someone to tell them that even celebrities drink coffee, pay parking meters, love their children, and perform all the other mundane tasks that come with being mortal? Is our collective self-esteem that low? Is our sense of what happens in Hollywood that askew? Well, yesterday as I was checking out my celebrity gossip on bricksandstones.blogspot.com, I saw photos of Nicole Richie, DJ AM, and Mischa Barton making ceramics at a store in Beverly Hills and literally thought, "Oh my God, I do that too." For a brief moment, before I realized how sick I was, I felt better about myself because both an O.C. star and I enjoy crafts. Of course, then I did grasp that that thought had passed through my head, and I hated myself, so I think the overall effect was one of degradation rather than building up.