Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Who Knew?

Now, I'll admit that I've never watched "The Game" on the CW. Not only that, I've never wanted to watch "The Game" on the CW. Nothing about a situational comedy based around the lives of the wives and girlfriends of professional football players starring former child actors from other mediocre comedies like "Sister, Sister" and "Sweet Valley High" does it for me. So, you can imagine my surprise when I caught the end credits of "The Game" today (while somewhat impatiently waiting for "Smallville" and my hour-long ogling of Tom Welling to begin) and realized that the executive producer of that show is one highly-respected, Emmy-winning actor by the name of Kelsey Grammer. What bet in hell did he lose? Seriously, if Mr. Grammer is willing to spend his "highest paid sitcom actor in history" dollars on something like that...I've got some stuff I'd like to float by him. My musical loosely based on the life of Britney Spears isn't my only winning notion - I've got a million of them. Why aren't there more serial comedies based around the prison system or probation officers? Chia heads of your favorite celebrities - specifically Napoleon Dynamite? Necklaces that go from silver to gold with a remote control button? Edible safety pins from the dry cleaners? Chairs with adjustable heights? More movie with alternate endings (that you can choose by vote when you're in the theater)? Yet another remake of "The Poseidon Adventure?" Mr. Grammer, when you've got that kind of cash hanging around, I'll be waiting for your call.

Labels: