Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Last Straw

Well, in case there was any lingering doubt whatsoever, I now know that the allet-bay uild-gay and I will never get along. It seems that all of the meetings will be on Tuesday nights. (And, yes, of course the meetings are mandatory. If you miss a meeting, you have to make it up with something called a "flex point," and flex points scare me the most of all. I think tea and/or large-brimmed hats might be involved.) But, sticking to the original point - Tuesday nights?!?! Doesn't everyone spend his or her Tuesday night camped out in front of the television fantasizing about a life with Hugh Laurie...uh, I mean watching the critically acclaimed show "House"? Why would you ever plan anything else for Tuesdays when a British man with the most beautiful baby blues in the free world is making snide comments and almost killing his truth-challenged patients? Why - in the name of all that is good and holy - why? So, instead of spending my evening with House, Cameron, Wilson, and the rest of the gang, I will be listening to a scintillating debate on the new amendments to the allet-bay uild-gay's by-laws. Is it acceptable to change the age of membership from 26 to 24? Should the language read "Men's Committee of the Guild" or just "Men's Committee"? Is the invitation chairman responsible for all invitations or only those related to the actual ball? It should be thrilling. I am truly a lucky girl.