Thursday, August 30, 2007

Incomprehensible

On the subject of my apartment, I think that it's finally time to share a dirty little secret with the world.

As you're looking at the picture to the right, you're probably thinking, "What on earth could that abhorrent image be? Is it spoiled food? Dirt? Maybe even human waste?"

And, unfortunately, none of those guesses would be right. What you're actually seeing here is a photo of one of my bathroom walls.
That's right. At some point, in what I can only imagine was either a drug-induced haze or rage-filled attempt at revenge, my bathroom walls were painted dark brown. And then, as if painting bathroom walls brown wasn't bad enough, the painter with poor, poor taste chose to texturize them.

I'm not sure whether or not you can pick this up from the photo, but there are actually irregular swoops through the brown paint that give the walls a kind of 3-D effect. Some might even, or have, said that the walls look like they were decorated with actual poop.

While such a decorating technique is horrible anywhere, as one rarely wants to look at one's surroundings and think of feces, the fact that these are my bathroom walls really does make this all the more coincidental and terrible. (I say "coincidental" because I have to hope that no one could acknowledge that said paint looks just like poop and still choose to put it on the walls.)

In short, my bathroom is a horrible, horrible place, and my feelings towards it might be why some of my normally excellent personal hygiene habits have fallen by the wayside lately.

Might be.