Thursday, October 05, 2006

You Know it's October

This has to be the scariest Halloween costume I've ever seen. And by "scary," I don't so much mean "wow, that Satan figure is so seductive and real I can see how someone might sell their soul in exchange for long life, incredible financial success, or, say, a non-surgical tummy tuck." Between those eyebrows, the mustache, and the mock turtleneck, I find this terrifying in a "worst blind date ever, I must destroy the person or computer program that deemed this an acceptable notion" or the "I feel like he's staring right at me from the sex offender notification flyer" kind of way. I think that even Lucifer himself would be unhappy with this depiction. Although, now that I've finally moved past the 'stache (sort of), I notice that this particular devil might be missing a hand. I'm concerned that (a) I was so distracted by a polyester mock turtleneck, I didn't notice this earlier and (b) I have now mercilessly mocked someone missing a body part, which some might construe as "insensitive." But, who am I kidding? I cant' really get past that mustache, and I'm sure it's going to haunt my dreams.