Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Laurel Returns to her Daily Blogging

I am again apologizing for my lack of blogs, but today is the glorious day that all ends.

You see, yesterday afternoon, after a good half hour running through the rain, a train, a bus, another walk in the rain, almost crying in front of the UPS guy because he wanted to see a picture id with my local address which I obviously don’t have because I just moved and then his decision to take pity on me, another walk, twenty minutes waiting in the rain for a packed bus, standing literally in the middle of a homeless man arguing with the bus driver, a train, and another rainy walk to my apartment - I was reunited with my laptop.

And, it’s been all that I dreamed it would be.

I no longer have to worry that I will deplete my bank account solely based on the internet charges from Kinko’s. My I-Tunes and I are back together, and there’s all the Kelly Clarkson a girl could ever want. I even have Free Cell to challenge my brain and keep me company during my bouts of insomnia.

Yes, it has been a glorious day indeed.