Friday, October 13, 2006

A Trip to Party City

Should I be concerned that every Halloween costume I'm drawn to somehow involves "wench" in the title? (I thought it was a St. Pauly girl; they call it a beer wench. I wanted to obnoxiously say "Arrr" all evening; it's labeled a pirate wench.) And, then I find it difficult to justify spending more money when I already have an equally slutty costume from last year since all "hot" Halloween costumes for women involve some sort of corset-like top and short skirt. (I mean, I do have to be hot on Halloween. There's still a college freshman in me who really does need that much attention. Of course, I have "Miss Dorothy" because that's so much naughtier than regular old gingham-clad Dorothy and her adventures in Oz.) Two years ago I dressed as a washed up country singer (bad red wig and all) and told everyone that my one big hat was 1982's "Why did you have to destroy my credit while destroying my virtue?" It was fun, but I figured that I probably only have a few years left of being able to get away with the slutty get-ups, so I might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Also, I've included the pumpkin picture to fit the theme and also prove that I really just am that good at carving pumpkins.