Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wednesday's Life Lessons

1. There are still people willing to wear the double-breasted navy blazer complete with gold anchor buttons and embroidered crest. In public. Without a yacht anywhere nearby. With no sign of Tenille either. Really. It’s true. At a restaurant. When the lighting was still good enough to see the atrocity that is this accessory. I know. I too was upset. I also thought that trend died with Dynasty and Reaganomics. It didn’t. It’s alive. It breathes. It’s watching you right now. 2. I don’t like the Olympics. In fact, I loathe them. Monday night I wanted to watch Medium. Oh, wait, can’t do that, people I’ve never heard of are competing in an obscure amateur sport. Law and Order: SVU? Sorry, more people I haven’t heard of competing in obscure amateur sports. And what’s on the Today show this morning as I prepare to greet my day? Great, heartwarming human interest stories about people I’ve never heard of overcoming adversity to compete in obscure amateur sports. NBC, I’d like my Jesse L. Martin back now please. 3. Relationships built on a need to sell movies and disguise blatant homosexuality don't last. What is the world coming to? (And, for those of you who might doubt that TomKat is done, remember that this is Life and Style Magazine we're talking about. They have people living in Tom and Katie's trash cans. They might even have a spy inside her uterus for all we know. It would explain a lot...)