Thursday, March 16, 2006

So, Tuesday evening I'm sitting at a board meeting for the Ronald McDonald House. I have my agenda in front of me, and since I want to conform to the rest of the group and not call attention to myself, I too take notes on my agenda even though it usually has all of the details I need already printed on it. The only pen I had in my purse was one of those really inky ones. Now, I love ball point pens. I don't care how much money I have to spend; I always prefer the 99 cent pack of Bics. I can lose them and not worry about it, and I don't accidentally smudge when I'm writing with one. But, to return to the original point, all I had on Tuesday was one of the really inky uni-ball pens. Well, at one point in the meeting, I turned to listen to someone on my right and, of course, didn't remember that I was holding my pen in the air when I did it. I quickly checked all over the sleeve of the ivory cardigan I was wearing figuring that if something was going to go wrong, it was definitely going to happen on my white sweater. But, luckily, I couldn't find a stain anywhere. I was elated...until I got home. Looking in my bathroom mirror, I realized that I had missed my cardigan, but gotten black ink on my shirt. And, worst of all, the stain was pretty conspicuous. It seems that I spent the entire second half of my meeting with a large, ink nipple. And I thought people were paying attention because of what I had to say...